FIRMENICH LAUNCHES SHARING INNOVATION COLLECTION 2015
Geneva, Switzerland, July 2nd, 2015 – Firmenich proudly announces the launch of its 2015 collection of Sharing Innovation ingredients. The leading Fragrance and Flavor House initiated the Sharing Innovation program in 2011 to offer a select range of its signature ingredients to the market every year.
“At the heart of Firmenich is our drive to constantly pioneer new extraordinary ingredients to offer unique olfactive experiences” says Boet Brinkgreve, President, Ingredient Business Unit, Firmenich. “I am delighted to be opening our palette of ingredients to our customers through our Sharing Innovation program to keep on creating memorable and delightful Fragrance and Flavor experiences together”, emphasizes Boet.
This year’s Sharing Innovation Collection of ingredients offer unique olfactive profiles as well as optimized environmental performance and cost effectiveness, including:
Three Signature Synthetics:
- Muscone Laevo: a soft musk reminiscent of sweet, elegant and warm animalic tonalities, building on Firmenich’s unique legacy in musk tonalities. From its early breakthroughs in the 1920’s and its Nobel Prize in 1939, Firmenich’s savoir-faire in the family of musk molecules has always been intimately linked to the success of its unique palette of ingredients.
- Sclareolate®: a clean white floral note shining with aromatic, clary sage facets. Extremely stable in composition, its true freshness and tenacity empowers the natural signature of a perfume.
- Polysantol®: this iconic sandalwood molecule created by Firmenich was initially launched in 1985, and offers more than ever a strong cost-to-performance equation to perfumers around the world.
Three Woody Naturals:
- Cypriol Heart: a refined note sporting leathery, animalic and slightly smoked facets.
- Pepper Sichuan SFE: delicately shaped by Supercritical CO2, offering differentiating citrus hints and surprising tingling effects.
- Cedarwood Super Rectified: an iconic woody note indispensable to fine fragrance creators.
Three Woody Bases:
Woody notes again have inspired our perfumers to create a trio of price competitive bases. Rich with many captive ingredients, Wood, Armenian Wood and Mysore Wood invite to a travel around three major olfactive woody themes: warm, brilliant and slightly animalic, ambery with elegant benzoin notes or noble and creamy like an indian sandalwood.
To learn more about our Sharing Innovation Collection Click Here
Firmenich is the world’s largest privately-owned company in the fragrance and flavor business. Founded in Geneva, Switzerland, in 1895, it has created many of the world’s best-known perfumes and flavors that billions of consumers enjoy each day. Its passion for smell and taste is at the heart of its success. It is renowned for its creativity and innovation, as well as its exceptional understanding of consumer trends. Each year, it invests around 10% of its turnover in R&D, reflecting its continuous desire to understand, share and sublimate the best that nature has to offer. Firmenich had an annual turnover of 2.95 billion Swiss Francs at end June 2014. More information about Firmenich is available at www.firmenich.com
For more information, please contact:
Virginie Gervason, Firmenich Ingredients Communication: Virginie.firstname.lastname@example.org