FIRMENICH INSPIRES WITH SHARING INNOVATION COLLECTION 2016
Geneva, Switzerland, June 13th, 2016 – Firmenich proudly announces the launch of its 2016 Collection of Sharing Innovation ingredients at the World Perfumery Congress in Miami, USA. This year’s Collection offers a range of inspiring olfactive profiles, resulting from Firmenich’s excellence in naturals, synthetics and white biotechnology. Initiated in 2011, the Sharing Innovation program releases a select range of Firmenich’s signature ingredients to the market every year.
“Our goal is to create game-changing ingredients to offer our customers and creators the broadest and finest portfolio of the industry,” says Boet Brinkgreve, President, Ingredients, Firmenich. “I am very excited by this year’s Sharing Innovation Collection as it confirms our leadership in White Biotechnology with AMBROX® SUPER, a highly sustainable and cost-effective amber note, building on the success of CLEARWOOD®.”
This year’s Sharing Innovation Collection 2016 features eight ingredients.
One White Biotechnology Ingredient:
- AMBROX® SUPER: From its discovery in the 1950’s by Firmenich to its new breakthrough production process via white biotechnology in 2016, AMBROX® SUPER delivers all the promises of sleek elegance and a powerful iconic amber signature. Sparkling sensuality, AMBROX® SUPER offers musky and woody tonalities to the emblematic family of amber ingredients.
One Synthetic Ingredient:
- LILYFLORE®: A captive ingredient since 2002, this Firmenich exclusive and patented ingredient is being released today. With volume in excess, LILYFLORE® is designed to surprise. Its delicate white floral and lily of the valley bouquet gives way gradually to increasing strength and a beaming, pure performance. Extremely stable and non-sensitizing, the dynamics of its profile offers, in all application, an endless source of creativity.
Three Natural Ingredients:
- HONEY SIGNATURE: Firmenich “SigNature” ingredients are born from our synergies between Science, Nature and Creativity. Showcasing Firmenich process expertise applied to high quality natural ingredients, HONEY SIGNATURE expertly blends natural honey extract with synthetic captives. Incredibly gourmand, it imparts a natural and contemporary touch to fine fragrance.
- CEDARWOOD ALASKA: Exclusively sourced from our partnership in British Columbia, CEDARWOOD ALASKA essential oil is an innovative ingredient coming from the sustainable forest husbandry (or economy). Sparkling with a fresh and breezy grapefruit crisp, the profile combines spicy, aromatic and linear woody hints for a long lasting sensory experience. By exploring the wild and powerful impact of this multifaceted cedarwood treasure, perfumers will unlock new creative potential.
- PEPPER SICHUAN SFE: Expertly extracted from the highest quality pods sourced in Southwest China’s provinces of Yunnan, Sichuan and Chongqing, Firmenich PEPPER SICHUAN SFE invites a touch of lush exotic landscapes to fine fragrance compositions. Firmenich “savoir-faire” in Supercritical fluid extraction crafts to perfection the profile of Sichuan pepper, a precious spice sparkling with citrus and woody facets.
Three Bases Designed Around Brand New Captive Molecules:
- PRETTY OUD: A sensual woody profile beaming with rich smoky facets. Direct and elegant, PRETTY OUD summons feminine interpretations of oriental fragrances.
- BLACK AGAR: BLACK AGAR gives a vibrant structure, brings tenacity and unforgettable dark character to the sillage of men’s fragrances. Adding relevance to the fragrance, the leathery note signs it.
- LEATHER OUD: Inspired by pure natural oud, LEATHER OUD is alive with the thousand facets of precious oud.
To learn more about our Sharing Innovation Collection Click Here.
Firmenich is the world’s largest privately-owned company in the fragrance and flavor business. Founded in Geneva, Switzerland, in 1895, it has created many of the world’s best-known perfumes and flavors that billions of consumers enjoy each day. Its passion for smell and taste is at the heart of its success. It is renowned for its world-class research and creativity, as well as its thought leadership in sustainability and exceptional understanding of consumer trends. Each year, it invests 10% of its turnover in R&D, reflecting its continuous desire to understand, share and sublimate the best that nature has to offer. Firmenich had an annual turnover of 3.0 billion Swiss Francs at end June 2015.