• The plant originates from South America and has been used as a natural sweetener by the natives for hundred years.
• Today, stevia leaves are mainly sourced in China, where the growing environment is optimal:
- Warm, humide climate
- Growing temperatures between 20-30°C
Benefits in use
Used to improve sweetness
Did you know ?
- Steviol Glycosides (SG) are the chemical compounds responsible for the sweet taste of stevia extracts.
- The most commonly found compouds, with various taste performance, are: Rebaudioside A (Reb A), Stevioside, Reb B, Reb C, Reb D, Reb F, Reb M, Dulcoside.