Firmenich Community Day
• Supplying about 200 bags to Partage, the Geneva food bank that collects food and hygiene products for 53 charities within the Canton of Geneva. The bags consisted of a remarkable 780 kilograms of food and hygiene products that truly made a difference to the local community.
• Engaging 43 colleagues from our North American team to restore the wetlands in Newark Bay in New Jersey. Participants planted native shrubs and trees, created tidal trails, and built bird sanctuaries.
• Raising funds to purchase hundreds of LED lamps and nonperishable foods for two Brazilian institutions that assist disabled children in the community.
• Hosting an exhibition of artisanal products made by underprivileged women in India to raise funds for the NGO Women’s India Trust, a charitable organization that empowers disadvantaged women through education, training, and employment.
• Creating an entertaining sensory experience – a perfumery workshop – where disadvantaged primary school children in Shanghai learned through the senses of smell and taste.
The Firmenich Foundation
Each year, Firmenich continued to support the school we built in FY13 in the vetiver farming community of Débouchette, Haiti. In partnership with Essilor, we conducted vision tests to ensure all schoolchildren who needed corrective glasses were equipped and would not have difficulty in class. Five optometrists from Essilor Canada visited the school with a Firmenich team, tested 600 students and community members, and returned with glasses for those in need.
In addition, Firmenich provided 10 computers to the school in Haiti in, enabling children in this rural community to connect with the modern world. We also sent musical instruments to encourage children to express their creativity and interests in music and culture.