FIRMENICH INTRODUCES NEXT GENERATION OF CREATORS, TO SHAPE THE FUTURE OF PERFUMERY
Paris, France December 12, 2018 – Firmenich is proud to introduce its new cohort of world-class creators who have joined its Fine Fragrance Centers of Excellence in Paris and New York. Advancing the Group’s leadership in Fine Fragrance, these nine perfumers were selected for their passion, creative excellence and ambition to push the boundaries of perfumery, alongside the Group’s award-winning creators.
“Our leadership in Fine Fragrance is anchored in the passion, creativity and innovation of our perfumers, including 10 Masters, who represent the greatest heights of artistry in their field,” said Armand de Villoutreys, President Perfumery & Ingredients, Firmenich. “I look forward to seeing how our new perfumers, guided by our Masters, will make their mark in the world of perfumery.”
“We are thrilled to welcome these exciting talents into the Firmenich family,” says Jerry Vittoria, Head of Fine Fragrance Worldwide. “Their new creative perspectives and technical capabilities are invaluable as we continue to define the next era of Fine Fragrance.”
The nine new perfumers are:
- Ane Ayo, a graduate of the Grasse Institute of Perfumery, with 5 years of experience at Drom;
- Nicolas Bonneville, a graduate of ISIPCA, with 12 years of experience at Takasago and Fragrance Resources;
- Jeanne-Marie Faugier, a trained at Givaudan Roure, with over 30 years of experience across numerous international Fragrance Houses;
- Alexis Grugeon, a graduate of the Ecole Superieure du Parfum in Paris, who joins Firmenich from Mane;
- Alexandra Monet, a graduate of ISIPCA, with 18 years of experience at Drom Fragrances;
- Julien Plos, a graduate of ISIPCA, with over 12 years of experience at leading consumer goods companies including Gillette, P&G and Coty;
- Erwan Raguenes, a graduate of the Grasse Institute of Perfumery and University of Montpellier, with 8 years of experience at Fragrance Houses including Galimard;
- Coralie Spicher, a graduate from the Ecole Superieure du Parfum, who joins Firmenich with a degree in Biochemistry from the University of Geneva;
- Aimee Virtucio, a graduate of Rutgers University in Chemistry, with 11 years of experience at IFF.
- Building on the Group’s commitment to shaping the next generation of Perfumers, Firmenich is also a proud sponsor of this year’s CORPO 35, the annual Fragrance Competition, for up and coming perfumery talent. As the President of this year’s jury, Firmenich Perfumer Dora Baghriche is pursuing the Group’s legacy of mentoring passionate creators.
Firmenich is the world’s largest privately-owned company in the perfume and taste business, founded in Geneva, Switzerland, in 1895. Driven by its purpose to create positive emotions to enhance wellbeing, naturally, Firmenich has designed many of the world’s best-known perfumes and tastes, bringing delight to over four billion consumers every day. Renowned for its world-class research and creativity, as well as its leadership in sustainability, each year, Firmenich invests 10% of its turnover in R&D to understand and share the best that nature has to offer responsibly. Firmenich had an annual turnover of 3.7 billion Swiss Francs at end June 2018.